The Koolite is the ultimate beginner board and is probably the easiest board in our range to learn to surf on.
We'd recommend this board for beginners up to about 95kg
Koolite uses a rounded Mal shape for some extra surface area, but the main difference is that we've given the Koolite some extra thickness to bump up the volume. This basically means it has a lot more float making it even more stable, and easier to paddle. This will help you stand up in even the smallest and weakest of waves.
- Dimensions: 8' x 22 1/4" x 3 3/4"
- Volume: 85L
- 100% Waterproof Moulded EPS Core:
- This core provides unhindered strength and enhanced durability while retaining lightweight characteristics. Softlite Boards are created from exclusively owned moulds. These have been created and refined through a collaboration of renowned surfboard shapers and team riders. Using moulded cores allows for a tougher core and ensures all boards are consistently high quality with no imperfections.
- 10lb PE Deck skin: Each Softlite is encapsulated in a 10lb PE Deck skin for extra strength, durability and traction.
- Xtra Duralinx Slick: A super High-Density PE Slick Bottom for protection, speed and durability
- Bamboo X Epoxy Stringer System: Each Koolite Board Contains 2 x Stringers. Each Bamboo Stringer is reinforced with Fibreglass Taping & Epoxy Resin to provide maximum strength.
- Exoskeletal Strength Membrane: The ESM is a unique layer fused between the EPS Core and PE Deck skin. It increases durability and impact absorption, while also providing a high strength lamination between these two materials.
- Tail Buffers: We use an extra layer of PE for increased impact absorption in heavy use areas
- Bones & Shanks Fin System: This fin system allows quick and easy fin installation and removal. It is compatible with other fin types so you can change fins to suit conditions or alter board performance while also allowing the deck to show no visible fin screws.